There’s a pretty good selection of Cox channels, decent on-demand content, and decent DVR capabilities. Three Cox services are available for bundling: internet, TV, and home security.
At checkout, you will have the option to select your plan, your equipment, and any extras that you would like. It is the most customizable shopping experience we have seen, and Cox has made its checkout process seamless.
How much do Cox TV’s packages cost?
Compared to other providers, Cox’s has a higher price
Unfortunately, Cox’s plans and pricing have recently changed, increasing their prices even as they provide the opportunity to customize your home. This promotional pricing does not indicate your service’s cost after 12 months.
Cox’s Starter Plan with 75+ channels costs $53 less than live TV streaming services.
If you upgrade your Cox Preferred plan, you can watch cable TV channels such as ESPN, HGTV, USA, and Nickelodeon. Premium channels and channel packs can be added to your Cox package for an additional fee. When it comes to family entertainment, this plan is the best choice.
HBO Max, STARZ, Cinemax, and SHOWTIME are premium channels you’ll gain access to by upgrading to Cox Preferred Plus.
Cox’s premium channels, the Sports channel pack, and Epix can be found in the Ultimate plan.
Does Cox TV have a contract?
As long as you’re locked into a two-year contract with Cox, your price won’t dramatically increase after promotional pricing ends.
DIRECTV would more than double in price after the first year. After the first year, viewers still must deal with steep price increases on Cox’s Contour TV package.
Does Cox TV have extra fees?
Cox Cable TV plans come with the standard fees:
- In addition to the monthly payment, broadcasting is charged $19.00.
- The regional sports surcharge is $12.50 per month.
The live TV package you select from Cox will also come with additional fees.
Set-top box fees:
- HD contour box subscriptions cost $8.50 per month.
- A wireless 4K contour box subscription costs $8.50 per month.
- The basic package costs $6.00 per month.
- For CableCARD, you will be charged $4.00 per month.
DVR service (unfortunately, most TV companies also charge for DVR service) is another charge you will have to pay monthly in addition to your set-top box rental.
Cox’s DVR service fees:
- In addition to the $13.50 monthly fee for DVR service, there are other essential services. Subscription for a year (increased by $4 per month after that)
- It costs me $20.00 a month to subscribe to a DVR service.
- You will need to pay $30.00 per month to use the ultimate DVR service.
The equipment section has information about additional services such as DVRs and set-top boxes.
Which channels does Cox TV have?
Each of Cox’s plans has a personality.
Local and cable TV channels are included in Preferred Plus, while premium channels are included in Ultimate. You will receive “local channels” as part of the Starter package, “local channels” as part of the Preferred package, and “local channels plus basic cable TV channels” as part of the Preferred Plus package.
Which premium channels and add-ons does Cox TV have?
A Cox TV package includes five channels, and a premium package consists of five tracks.
For 12 months, any TV plan you order includes HBO Max, SHOWTIME, STARZ, or Cinemax. All five premium channels and each channel pack will be included if you upgrade to Ultimate.
These are the channel packs included with Contour TV Preferred and higher packages:
- Sports and Info Pack: Included in this package are 23 sports programming channels from NFL Network, ESPNU, ACCN, and Big Ten Network.
- With Sports Pack 2, you can access more than 20 additional sports channels, including NFL RedZone Channel, MLB Strike Zone, NBA TV, and Longhorn Network. To purchase this pack, you must order the Sports and Info Pack.
- STARZ, EPIX, and FX are all included in the Movie Pack.
- This variety pack is sure to please everyone in the family. Thirty-two channels are included in this pack, including Nicktoons, Disney Jr., BBC America, The Cooking Channel, and Boomerang.
- The primary collection and the bonus pack have a bonus pack of six tracks. Among the channels included in this package are Science Channel, MLB Network, and Discovery Life.
- You and your grandmother can speak Spanish together with the Latino Pack, which provides 34 Spanish-language channels. There are many channels to choose from, including Galavizion, NBC Universo, FOX Deportes, Cine Latino, Univision Telenovelas, and CNN en Espanol.
Cox’s equipment and features
Set-top boxes will typically come with two monthly fees: one for the rental and one for the DVR services (which are commonly offered by television companies).
The Contour HD box comes with every TV plan, which allows you to access on-demand content and streaming apps. It makes accessing and enjoying your TV easier by providing you with a voice remote.
Streaming on-demand and pay-per-view content aren’t necessary if you want to set up your system as simply as possible.
DVR services will be discussed next. Predicting your family’s behavior when recording live games, TV shows, and movies would be best.
Preferred and Essential plans both include DVR storage. There’s a difference between recording six shows simultaneously and recording two simultaneously with Preferred.
You won’t find many homes where you can record 24 episodes or movies simultaneously, but Cox allows you to do it. The Ultimate DVR service also allows you to store 1,000 hours of recordings.
How much does Cox TV cost?
This cable provider offers a higher level of personalization compared to others.
At Cox TV, you will receive customized service.
Everyone in the family will find something they like in the Preferred plan. For an additional fee, you can rent 1,000 hours of DVR storage space and get a set-top box for each family member.
While Cox offers cable TV packages for every taste, it is the most expensive provider in the industry. If you live in one of Cox’s 19 service areas, combining four services in one package is worth the price.