Why should we choose interior design as a career option after 12th?
Interior designing is a challenging professional field that blends both technical expertise and creative design elements, thereby conceptualising & creating sublime, awe inspiring yet functional interiors for both residential as well as commercial properties. To succeed in this professional discipline and leave a mark requires a deep understanding of trends, traditional and modern techniques besides grasp of client’s tastes, budgeting and cultural factors Impacting designs etc. In order to create a cohesive functional interiors, interior designer has to collaborate with varied professionals including architects, lighting specialists, painters, furniture designers etc.
Reasons to choose Interior Design as a career option:
Skills gained on completion of interior design diploma course:
- Artistic & Sketching skills
- Excellence in communication and networking
- Understanding of patterns, textures, colours and designs
- Research and Analytical skills
- Knowledge of sustainable green materials
- Digital skills
Benefits of studying interior design diploma course:
- Better Technical Knowledge
- Promising career prospects
- Understanding of Business perspective
- Innovative solutions for interior spaces
- Help in identifying your niche
- Indian interior design market is anticipated to grow at CAGR of 7.4% rising to USD 38.2 billion in 2027 from USD 23.2 billion in 2020.
- In 2022, the global interior design market size was evaluated to be worth USD 121053.44 million. By 2027, it is expected to rise to USD 161061.67 million, expanding at a CAGR of 4.87%.
Little wonder many aspirants are taking up interior design diploma course to capitulate on the opportunity.
Superior Business Perspective: Interior design diploma course equips aspirants with comprehensive learning about the business aspects related to the industry including proficiencies in financial aspects, project management, sales, quality control etc. Such mentorship will enable stronger foundation for entrepreneurship, thus facilitating superior perspective when faced with business challenges.
Promising Career Prospects with good remuneration: Interior design diploma course will offer you superior career prospects, secure future and competitive compensation besides giving an edge at the time of appointment for leadership positions. Some of the career prospects are listed as under:
- Lightening Designer: The profound impact of lighting on the quality of life have endeared this profession. Lightening designers take cognizance of the desired opulence, the power source and the aesthetic appeal etc. and accordingly conceptualize artistic lighting designs, thereby offering an uplifting experience for residential and/or commercial spaces. Furthermore, efforts are made by him to minimize environmental impact along with prioritizing energy efficiency.
- Furniture Designer: His services are highly coveted since he specializes in designing and creating marquee, eye catching, efficient, functional and modern furniture. Furniture Designers collaborate with furniture manufacturing companies, besides working independently as free-lancer providing services to homeowners and small scale furniture producers.
- Exhibition Designer: He creates innovative design concepts for a range of events such as conferences for industry, trade shows, cultural & public exhibitions, showcase events etc. Their concepts are in accordance with their comprehensive understanding of client’s requirements, the company’s vision and values, brand guidelines, messaging to be communicated, budgets, the product to be showcased etc.
Advance your career in interior designing by registering for interior design diploma course