Pharmacy is an integral part of the healthcare industry. Pharmacists play an essential role in discovering and developing medicine necessary to save human lives. The Indian Economic Survey 2021 report states that India’s domestic market will grow three times over the next decade, reaching USD 130 billion by 2030. As the job outlook is hot for professionals in the pharma sector, it’s the right time to opt for a B Pharma course if you are looking for lucrative jobs and job security.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharma) is a four-year undergraduate programme tailor-made to provide job-ready skills to aspiring pharmacists. The course teaches students to promote safe and effective medicinal uses, ensuring the safety of patients. Students will learn the properties and impact of pharmaceutical drugs on humans. After completing the course, B Pharma graduates can find employment in hospitals, research centres, clinics, or medical stores. So, let’s explore B Pharmacy eligibility criteria in this article.
Eligibility for B Pharma
To register for the B Pharma course, students have to fulfill the given basic admission requirements:
- Applicants must have completed the class 12th from a recognised board.
- For admission to the B Pharmacy course, students must have opted for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics as core subjects in the class 12th.
- Students must have scored a minimum of 50 per cent marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics.
How to apply for B Pharma courses?
Admissions to B Pharma courses are mainly based on marks secured in entrance examinations. Students can take the CET examination to pursue B Pharma courses. Many educational institutes conduct college or university-level entrance examinations and personal interviews to admit students to the course. Please remember that eligibility criteria for B Pharma courses may vary from university to university. Students are advised to go through the admission requirements before applying for the course.
Steps to apply for B Pharma courses
To apply for B Pharma admission in a reputable university, you need to follow the below steps:
- Prepare a list of shortlisted universities where you want to pursue a B Pharma course.
- Check out the eligibility criteria for the course on the official websites of shortlisted universities.
- Arrange all necessary documents required for B Pharma admissions.
- Fill out the application form and submit the documents.
- Submit fees online and wait for the approval of the application and documents.
- The admission team contacts shortlisted students for group discussions or personal interviews.
The Indian pharma sector offers numerous opportunities to B Pharma graduates. These highly trained health professionals can choose to provide their services in the government or private sectors. They are in high demand to conduct health and wellness testing, manage chronic diseases, and administer an immunisation. Moreover, B Pharma graduates can work as drug inspectors, pharmacists, business research analysts, and quality control officers. Students who do not want to enter the medical field as physicians can choose B Pharma for an alternative career path that guarantees a bright future.