You can now play baccarat online free or try real money baccarat for exciting payouts. Bet on the Banker or Player to see who gets closest to nine. In addition, with great side bets like Perfect Pair, you can have even more fun at our best online casinos. Aside from our free baccarat game, we also have an exclusive guide on playing baccarat online. Discover the best baccarat casino sites, learn how to play, and receive quick tips on beating the house.
Baccarat Rules: How Do You Play Baccarat?
You don’t need to be James Bond to sit at the Baccarat table before the cards are dealt.
In fact, it’s so easy to learn how to play the game of Baccarat that I could bet you will advance from a beginner to a real pro by the end of this article.
Think about your answer because – betting is pretty much the only thing you can do in the game of Baccarat.
You sit down, count how many chips you want to invest in the game, and decide where to place them.
The goal of the game is to bet on the winning side. The three bets in Baccarat are the Banker’s bet, the Player’s Bet, and the Tie bet.
In a regular game of Baccarat, the dealer uses six to eight decks of cards. The game begins with two hands being dealt on the table:
- The Banker’s Hand
- The Player’s Hand
You are not limited to playing the Player’s hand and you don’t always win when the Player wins.
Since I know this might complicate things a little, I suggest you look at the two hands in Baccarat as:
- The Banker’s Hand (or) Hand A
- The Player’s Hand (or) Hand B
Once the dealer places two cards on each part of the table, it’s time to calculate the points and determine the value of each hand.
Note that the Tens and the face cards are all counted as zero points. The other cards are worth their face value and, not to create any misunderstandings, let me clarify that the Ace is counted as one point.
Also, if the value of your hand is a two-digit number, only the second-digit is counted.
Let me give you an example*.
- The Banker receives
- The Player receives
In this hypothetical hand of Baccarat, the victory goes to the Banker because 0+7= 7 points, while the Player’s hand is of only 2 points (9+3 = 12 points, but since we only use the second-digit, it becomes of just two points)
*: this is a simplified example. As you are going to discover, things are a little more complicated. But not t-h-a-t much.
Natural Winners in Baccarat
No dear, I am not talking about you here. I am about to let you in on a very specific Baccarat rule that you need to keep in mind every time you bet on the Banker or the Player.
In case the point the first two cards is equal to 8 or 9, the Player who hits this score (which is referred to as a natural win) is the one who wins the hand.
A baccarat dealer is one who is willing to wager on the possibility of winning a jackpot for any casino game. However, the term “dealer” can have two meanings, one negative and one positive. This article will discuss the meanings of the baccarat dealer when it comes to online baccarat.
Other Tips To Emphasize:
- Start with mini baccarat games which are perfect for beginners – they have lower table limits and smaller number of players so the whole experience is not so intimidating.
- If it’s possible play games with less than 8 decks of cards.
- Never wager all your money on a single bet.
- Be aware that betting a tie (also known as a standoff) – it’s tempting but at the same time it’s probably the worst bet you can do – the odds against one of the players winning are much better.
- Bets on the banker are the best (the chances of winning while making this bet are 44, 6%).
- Don’t bet against streaks.
- While betting, start with small amounts.
- Remember that counting cards at this game doesn’t work.
- Study the winning patterns.
- Remember that a natural 8 hand can only be beaten by a 9-hand.
- You have to draw your cards if your total comes out to be lower than 6 or 7.
- Take an advantage of offers and bonuses offered by the casino