Yamaha MT 15 Bike: Know Complete Specifications and Features
Sale and purchase of a bike is often an emotional affair for both the parties. Choosing a brand is possibly the most important consideration that comes into play while selling or buying a bike. It also largely decides the resale value of a vehicle, which is why choosing a brand is as important as selecting a bike. Yamaha MT 15 bike is one such model that has gained great popularity among the riders over the last 3 years.
Launched in the year 2019, sales of Yamaha MT-15 has spiked 181 per cent which recorded a sale of 928 units which was 1,400 in July 2019. In 2021, however the sale has come down to 39.51 percent on a YoY basis recording a sale of 2,514 units but the MoM sales is still as high as 43.49 percent which is over 1,752 units sold as recorded in August 2021. Buyers can check Yamaha MT 15 at Droom that lists a range of new as well as used bikes. Biking enthusiasts can now simply go to this online portal and run a quick query to shortlist a model that fits their budgets and preferences.
Features of Yamaha MT 15 Bike
Yamaha launched MT15 in 2019 and took the entire Indian two-wheeler market on a roll. With great focus on design, it is graded as a street racer. A slightly upper version of R15, it has been designed to suit the city driving conditions. Offered at a whopping price of INR 1.36 lakh, it is a 150 cc bike. Owing to the launch of MotoGP Edition, MT-15 is now made available in multiple colour options. It is a highly favoured Yamaha two-wheeler model which sports a fantastic design, is light in weight and carries compact dimensions therefore being a safe and comfortable bike to ride.
Some of the distinguished attributes of Yamaha MT 15 bike are enlisted below:
- Aesthetics: It is equipped with a 10-litre tank which has a muscular shape. It also sports a handlebar which appears as a single-unit to keep the rider in an upright position. It also features an LED headlamp and tail lamp, with negative LCD instrument console teamed with a gear position indicator, shift light, and a mileage indicator. It is also equipped with a single-channel ABS to provide greater safety to the rider.
- Engine: Yamaha MT-15 features a 155cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder motor which generates 18.5PS at 10,000 rpm. It is clubbed with a 6-speed transmission integrated with a slip and assist clutch.
- Suspension & Brakes: Yamaha MT-15 has a Deltabox frame which is linked to rear monoshock. It runs on a 17-inch alloy wheels which are teamed up with 100-section front tubeless tyre along with a 140-section tubeless radial. It has a reliable braking hardware that consists of a 282mm front as well as a 220mm rear disc with a single-channel ABS.
- Smooth handling: MT15 is great to suit the city driving conditions. In case the ride is for longer hours. It is also a great combination of wheels to take around in lower gear in traffic situations on city roads. It remains stable even when runs at lower speed yet the comfort remains same on higher gears. The bike halt is as functional as 3-4 seconds while running at 60-0 kmph.
- Yamaha MT 15 price can be checked at any online portal and compared with its rivals namely TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, KTM 125 Duke, and Bajaj Pulsar NS 200. Since all these bike models fall within the similar price range, other close competitor bikes enlisted in this category are Royal Enfield Bullet 350, Vespa Elegante 150, and Ather 450X.
In conclusion, Yamaha MT 15 is an all-round bike which is suitable to be driven on highways as well as on city roads. Tagged with an ex showroom price of INR 1.36 lakh, it is a considerably expensive purchase especially for beginners. So, it is best to consider Yamaha MT 15 bikes if you are thinking of buying your own vehicle. You can consider buying both a new and used bike of this model.