According to the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, one in every four Americans develops insomnia each year. Most people use home remedies such as white noise, aromatherapy, and Melatonin to treat it. However, in recent times people are turning to CBD melatonin gummies.
CBD melatonin gummies are known to help with acute as well as chronic cancer. However, there is a list of questions people have when they purchase it. What is Melatonin? Is it safe? What are the health risks of Melatonin? And above all is the question of is it safe to combine CBD and Melatonin? The article will guide you with everything so that next time when you purchase CBD melatonin gummies from sites, such as https://cbdfx.com/products/cbd-melatonin-gummies-for-sleep/, you do not have to think twice.
Health Risks of Melatonin
An average of 50-70 Million people go through sleep-related issues. In the year 2020, Melatonin became the number 1 sleeping aid. Its sales grew by 46% in 2020, probably because of the pandemic. You can either purchase it from a local store or order it from reputed sites without a prescription.
CBD and Melatonin possess negligible health risks. Some of them are:
- Drowsiness and fatigue
Health Risks of CBD
- Appetite reduction
- Nausea (rare)
Fortunately, combining CBD and Melatonin does not bring any extra side effects. The subsequent section will help you understand it in a better way.
What is Melatonin
Here are things to know about Melatonin.
- The Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience describes Melatonin as “a hormone responsible for controlling your natural sleep-wake cycle.” It is a natural hormone that the human body releases. It is secreted by a pineal gland located in the center of the brain.
- The pineal gland reacts day and night. At sunrise, the secretion of Melatonin decreases so you can wake up feeling fresh. As the sun begins to set, the secretion of Melatonin increases, making you feel drowsy and preparing your body for sleep. Melatonin is responsible for healthy sleep, scheduling the sleep-wake cycle, and regulating circadian rhythm. Most experts recommend Melatonin for short-term use.
- Melatonin supplements are available as pills. However, when mixed with other products like CBD, it is available in gummies, oils, etc.
- The Melatonin present in supplements is not natural. They are synthetic Melatonin. It is almost impossible to derive natural Melatonin from humans, and extracting it from animals poses the risk of animal to human transmission. Thus, the production of synthetic Melatonin is vital.
- Synthetic Melatonin is composed of ingredients used in pharmaceutical products. Its molecular structure is similar to natural Melatonin found in humans. Sometimes, serotonin ( a compound extracted from an African plant Griffonia simplicifolia ) is combined instead of Melatonin. The chemical formula of serotonin is 5-methoxytryptamine. It is a happy molecule. Serotonin is then converted to Melatonin.
Now you know that Melatonin is natural. It gives a hint of its safety. However, there are several other things to explore.
What are the Benefits of Melatonin CBD gummies?
When a consumer purchases something, they look towards the benefits it gives. Similarly, if you decide to buy CBD melatonin gummies from online platforms, you should know its benefits.
Melatonin supplements are responsible for boosting the level of serotonin in the daytime and Melatonin in the night. It gives you two-way benefits. You are happier in the day and sleepier at night.
According to studies, Melatonin supplements are helpful in the following things:
- It improves sleep quality in insomnia patients, people with developmental disorders, blinds, and those experiencing jet lags.
- The serotonin released at day deals with mood disorder symptoms. You might experience comparatively fewer mood swings.
- Surprisingly, Melatonin supplements also enhance muscle mass and bone strength.
- It prevents the secretion of excess acid in the stomach.
Low production of Melatonin is termed melatonin dysfunction. If this disturbance continues, the sleep quality will decrease, leading to anxiety, insomnia, and depression. Several factors disturb the melatonin secretion in the body. Some of them are:
- Access screen time during the night
- The environment with low sunlight, such as countries near the north pole
- Some drugs can also affect melatonin amount
- Certain conditions and diseases— cancer, dementia, chronic pain, and type 2 diabetes.
If you face any disturbance in sleep, you might try CBD melatonin gummies. Before then, know whether CBD and Melatonin are safe together or not.
Do CBD and Melatonin Mix Well?
Here are a few things to know.
- CBD and Melatonin are natural products. They both are already present in the body. So, till now, there is no known disadvantage of adding CBD with Melatonin.
- Usually, experts advise avoiding any medication with CBD. It is a major concern of almost every CBD consumer. It is always considered a risk when they mix CBD doses with any other substance of medication. Undoubtedly, you should stay conscious of it.
However, Melatonin is not one of those products. It goes well with CBD.
- A primary reason why CBD and Melatonin complement each other is because of the way they affect body metabolism. On the one hand, CBD combines with CB1 and CB2 receptors of the endocannabinoid system, and Melatonin binds with MT1 and MT2 receptors.
- CBD melatonin gummies go well because both Melatonin and CBD are effective when they interact with blood. So, their absorption process is the same, but the receptors they target are different, making them a perfect duo.
- They both are incorporated in an exact ratio. Despite being a safe combo, a vital point to note is that you cannot mix in the way you want. You cannot mix Melatonin in whatever amount you wish with CBD oil and expect it to work.
Now you know that CBD and Melatonin are safe. The possible health risks are non-life-threatening and temporary, which comes with almost every medication.
In some countries of the world, Melatonin is a regulated product. If you are going through insomnia or other sleeping disorder, you might look forwards to taking CBD melatonin gummies. The average dose of Melatonin to take is 1 Mg to 20 Mg. However, it varies from person to person. Also, with gummies, it is easy for you to manage the doses.