Nowadays, automation is playing a very important in the modern world. Almost every other software is becoming automated. Automation testing is one of the favorite ways out that most companies are already implementing in working. It is the process of conducting a set of tests that will run on their own. It is not like manual tests that depend upon different management tools to get into work. With time, the automation testing approach has become quite popular, so businesses have started to incorporate it. This goes for salesforce automation also. It enhances efficiency and productivity, thus saving time and effort in the process.
Given below are tips that can be used for creating a test automation plan. Let’s have a look at them.
- Objective: First of all, you need to be very clear about the objective of the automation test plan. It needs to be planned in such a way that it leads to meeting the expectations.
- Project overview: This part of the test automation plan needs to give an overview of the project to all the stakeholders. This will help them understand the automation plan well, and all things will be included.
- Assumptions: There is a need to specify the assumptions while drafting the automation plan. Any assumption that has a direct impact on any phase of automation needs to be clearly mentioned here.
- Return on Investment: Sometimes, going for everything automated can be expensive for business and may harm ROI. All the test automation needs to be planned accordingly so that there is no such scope having the wrong impact on the investment.
- Automation plan: This part will define what to automate and how automation will be planned well. All the in-scope and out-scope items are properly considered, along with different techniques that will fit well.
- Automation design: All the details regarding the automation need to be designed in advance. The technical design needs are given a thorough review so that the scalability and maintenance can be given proper attention. All the technical glitches need to be considered while designing.
- Automation execution: Here, all the planning related to automation will be implemented in the project needs to be defined. Different questions need a proper solution, like how the test environment will be managed and how to implement the project level in the test.
- Defect management: The primary purpose of automation is to provide the best quality product which is defect-free. It is essential how the automation defects can be captured and reported in the defect management tool.
- Test automation reporting: It is crucial to get the automation framework that needs to be produced just to check the test execution and validation performance.
- Automation maintenance: If you want that automation plan works properly, it also requires proper maintenance so that no problems arise in the future.
If you are looking for the best test automation tool, Opkey.com is the best platform to look for help.