Is Angular Worth Learning?
Angular is the most popular web framework, being the oldest in this category to be launched. The other frameworks posing competition for Angular are React and Vue. While many new developers and startups are going for React and Vue today, big tech companies and well-established firms still opt for the Angular framework over others.
Angular is the first web development framework used by most developers in their programming journey. The craze for Angular hasn’t faded away yet, and many students pursue an Angular Certification every year. Angular tools are not being used for just the Computer Programming and IT industry, and they are also popular in the Entertainment, Science, and Finance sectors.
Lately, so many other frameworks have been developed that people have started wondering whether they should opt for other alternatives. To end your apprehensions, we have brought various points that can help you decide whether learning Angular is worthy or not.
Is Angular Worth Learning?
Why Choose Angular Over Other Web Development Frameworks?
- Google: Angular is maintained entirely by Google, the big name among the tech giants. Google is one company that is trusted for its values and services. Thus, using a framework software supported by its team can offer many lucrative benefits.
- Single Page Applications: Angular is the best framework for developing single-page web applications, also known as SPAs. SPAs offer only one single page to users, which updates itself according to users’ commands.
- Modularity: Angular allows you to break your code into different small “modules,” with each module focusing on a particular task or purpose. These modules are combined to generate the following code. They can also be invoked individually if only a part of the large code is required. This feature of accessing a particular module for a specific purpose is known as Lazy-Loading.
- 2-Way Data Binding: Angular supports the latest concept of two-way data binding, which saves a lot of time for coders. Change in 1 component is reflected in its templates, and thus users do not need to make changes again and again.
- Regular Updates: Angular is managed by Google, and the company never fails in giving timely updates. Google has announced that it’ll be releasing new updates for Angular every two years. Meanwhile, minor updates and security updates will continue to roll round the clock. The latest update in the form of Angular 12 was released in May 2021.
- Cross-Platform: Angular is meant not just for developing web-based applications. It can also be used for other cross platform functions like developing mobile applications and desktop applications.
- No Need for Third-Party Libraries: One essential benefit of Angular over other frameworks is that the software comes as a complete package with all the libraries in built. Like React and others, you don’t need to install libraries again and again for different purposes.
In addition to these, there are various other benefits of using Angular as a web development framework in your organization. Angular also reduces the code and thus improves the process efficiency. It helps in easy integration and in easily declaring the user interface. The support is excellent, and Angular runs smoothly over most of the browser environments.
Which Companies Use Angular in their Applications?
Since Angular is completely based on TypeScript, it offers many features which other frameworks are not capable of. Due to these features, many popular companies still use Angular over other new technologies like React and Vue. Some of such companies include:
- Deutsche Bank
Even the website of Microsoft is based on the Angular web framework. Google’s own Gmail, for obvious reasons, is based on Angular.
What are the Top Jobs After Learning Angular?
Some of the key job roles for those skilled in Angular are listed below, along with their average salary packages.
|Job Role||Average Salary Package|
|Senior Front End Developer||$114,473|
|Full Stack Java Developer||$75,057|
|Back End Developer||$81,161|
|PHP SQL Developer||$64,876|
|Senior Java Architect||$118,254|
|.Net Full Stack Developer||$77,670|
What are the Major Companies Recruiting in Angular Domain?
Some of the top recruiters for professionals skilled in Angular or AngularJS are:
- NTT Data
- Wigzo Technologies
- Hindustan Wellness
In addition to these, various other recruiters are looking for Angular skilled candidates.
Angular has been offering lucrative job roles to candidates in the web development arena for a long time. Though it is the oldest software, it still has some of the best features to offer. So if you are also interested in web development frameworks, join an Angular course now and explore a new world.