Improve Customer Experience by combining Human Expertise with Conversational AI
A form of artificial intelligence called conversational AI makes use of neural networks and machine learning to create useful programmes that can communicate with users in normal language. To maintain business continuity with clients in the pandemic year, conversational AI can be a useful tool in an organization’s customer service toolbox. Conversational AI raises the bar for customer experience while also reducing costs. A form of artificial intelligence called conversational AI makes use of neural networks and machine learning to create useful programmes that can communicate with users in normal language. The technology concentrates on conversing while accounting for the variations in natural language inputs, enabling it to carry out fruitful human interactions.
Conversational AI is Ready for Prime Time
The underlying technology behind Conversational AI was costly and previously unable to scale. However, plenty of reasons contributed to a rise in its spread. The implementation of conversational AI has become simpler as a result of growing cloud use, Natural Language Processing (NLP) maturity, and Speech-to-Text (STT) technology maturity. People were accustomed to short messages and began adopting sharper communication as instant messaging and social media apps proliferated. More people who were born into the digital age were at ease using technology without menu-driven interfaces. Organizations were encouraged to move to technologies that supported natural languages as a result. This study finds that by 2023, 66 percent of European corporate executives intend to start new natural language processing initiatives.
Why Conversational AI for Digital Customer Experience?
Businesses may swiftly offer what their consumers want and preserve company continuity by including conversational AI into their customer experience management mix.
- The interface is based on natural language, thus there is no learning curve and no need for training.
- Unlike call centres, which have set business hours, conversational AI operates around the clock.
- Savings on costs numerous routine, low-stakes procedures and questions may be automated to reduce expenses and enhance the overall customer experience.
- Conversational AI may be made available through a variety of channels, including mobile, web, IVR, smart speakers, and even wearables, making it independent of device and technology.
- If it is possible to build a conversational AI layer on top of it that accepts natural language input, the consumer receives a unified front-end experience.
- Businesses can alter the backend systems and provide an abstraction layer to make sure that any intentions to switch to a different technology won’t negatively impact the end users.
- Additionally, synchronous communication’s inflexible structure is eliminated by conversational AI. It is more efficient to use asynchronous formats like text-based or conversational AI than IVR or sluggish form-based formats. Customers may use conversational AI to troubleshoot several issues.
- In order to provide the best experience, chatbots requires not only the acquisition of technology but also the proper expertise, designers, and technically skilled individuals. When deploying conversational AI, following best practices can produce the greatest results.
With the growing demand and exceeding expectations of the customers, businesses are moving towards companies offering personalized digital customer experience across several platforms.
Conversational AI Improves Conversational Marketing
Through successful communication and personalization, conversational marketing, which is built on one-on-one real-time omnichannel engagements, helps companies to strengthen customer connections and enhance the consumer experience.
By utilizing one of the most popular avenues for communication with customers, chat, chatbots may improve conversational marketing. They can give information about goods and services, automate the data collection process, and support the conversion of leads into paying consumers. Additionally, chatbots may connect with consumers 24/7/365, which improves engagement and helps to foster brand loyalty and trust. Though conversational AI is one tool in the conversational marketer’s toolkit, conversational marketing is not simply limited to chatbots.
Did you know Conversational AI is scalable?
Conversational AI experiences may now reach billions of people and devices thanks to the development of cloud services that make AI more accessible. They are also becoming more environmentally friendly since organisations may use production-tested vetting procedures like improvements to eliminate bias when they employ high-performing cloud models rather than building their own solutions from the ground up.
However, creating conversational experiences calls for in-depth familiarity with a company’s use cases, consumers, and prior customer interactions. The same underpinning technologies that enable organic communication between humans and AI can also automatically analyze papers and databases for this sort of data, all while maintaining security and privacy.
Best Practices for Customer Experience Management
At each stage of the customer experience, Conversational AI should work to deliver wise, practical, and informed decisions. Here are some excellent techniques:
- Implementing Conversational AI must be motivated by goals. It is crucial to have a conversation-first structure in natural language.
- Understanding client intent is essential since every consumer will ask questions in a unique way using natural language. The customer’s inquiry will not be resolved right away if the Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology is not robust.
- Companies must choose a low-code or no-code strategy that enables business owners to manage chatbots independently of developers. AI may provide hyper-personalization by searching through vast amounts of data for details and tailoring its offerings to each customer’s preferences.
- Stickiness and adoption will increase with a strategy that draws on past knowledge and constant post-production adaptation using telemetry data on user requests.
Conversational AI can deliver the hyper-personalized experiences that clients need in the post-pandemic society that we are slowly emerging into. Conversational AI is able to facilitate real dialogues with clients since it is neither scripted or rule-based, which greatly improves conversational marketing.
Conversational AI may also give client information to customer care agents in real-time so they can address bigger, more complex situations with more effectiveness and efficiency, benefiting both the customer and the staff experience.
About the Author
Prabhjinder Bedi has over two decades of experience involving launching start-up ecosystems, scaling-up businesses, taking product and services to market and exposure to industry verticals spanning Telecom and Media, Financial Services, Retail and Consumer Goods, Manufacturing to Lifesciences. He has spent over 15 years with Tech Mahindra, responsible for taking our existing and new age service offering to markets and launching new service locations across Americas, Europe, MEA and Australasia.