A lot of people want to remove an app from their Xiaomi phones, which is called “MIUI Cleaner.” This guide will show you how to remove the app and all its functions without needing to root your phone. Xiaomi is a Chinese smartphone company. They’re known for making smartphones that run Android. The main reason why people buy Xiaomi smartphones is that they’re inexpensive. But just like other Chinese smartphone brands, Xiaomi phones too come with bloatware. MIUI Cleaner is one of them. The most concerning thing about this app is that Cheetah Mobile has developed this app. Cheetah Mobile is a Chinese Company, which have been accused of Data theft in the past, so it’s better to remove this app. But removing the app is not easy as removing other apps as this app is a system app. No Worries, using this guide, you can remove this app.
How to Uninstall MIUI Cleaner App
Step 1: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and Platform Tools
The first step is downloading Xiaomi USB Driver and Platform Tools(formerly known as adb tools).
Step 2: Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your phone
By enabling USB debugging on your phone, you allow your phone to talk to an external device (the computer). This is useful because you can install and uninstall apps from your phone. USB Debugging is hidden inside, Developer options. So, we need to enable developer options first. To enable Developer options on your phone, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on About phone and then tap on All specs.
- Now tap on MIUI Version 7 times.
- Developer options will now be enabled on your phone.
Now we need to enable USB Debugging from the Developer options.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Additional Settings and then tap Developer options.
- Now tap on USB debugging and turn it on.
Step 3: Using ADB to uninstall MIUI cleaner
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a tool used to debug Android devices. It allows you to connect to a device through a computer and access files and applications on the phone. With this tool, you can install apps, make changes to system settings, and do many other things. Let’s run adb tools
- Open the folder in which you unzipped platform tools.
- On the address bar, type cmd and then hit enter. A command window will open.
- Connect your Xiaomi Smartphone to the computer.
- Type adb devices and hit the enter button.
- You will see a serial number and a device; if not, check the USB Drivers and cable connection.
- Not type adb shell and press enter and then type pm uninstall –k —user 0 com.miui.cleanmaster and press enter.
- Done! Now you can remove the USB Cable.
Conclusion In conclusion, I’d like to say that we never recommended rooting your device for MIUI Cleaner. Rooting your device will most likely cause issues with your phone and make it very unstable. This article shows you how to uninstall the app without rooting your phone. If you have any questions, let me know in the comment sections.