In Science, just like mathematics, you can have a very high chance of scoring. But, having an outstanding performance in the CBSE class 10 science exam might seem like a difficult task if you didn’t clear out your concepts adequately. Given below are the best revision tactics for scoring good marks in class 10 science in a short time.
- Plan revision in sync with marking scheme
While revising, you must choose topics based on the weightage they carry. Usually, these are the topics that carry the most weightage:
- Heredity and Evolution
- Life Processes
- Control and Coordination
- Carbon and its compounds
- Light Reflection, Refraction
- Previous year’s question papers
Solving sample papers and previous year’s questions papers is the most important step during the final few months of preparation. Solving papers on a regular basis will boost your writing speed, help you to manage your time well in the exam and also amp up your confidence level. Ensure that you finish your paper within the three-hour slot while practicing at home also
- Note strengths and weaknesses
At this point, you should already be aware of the strengths and weaknesses you have in the subjects. Devote ample time for revision of the posts that require brushing up. You might think that formulas in Physics or equations in Chemistry are difficult to remember. For this, you may request your teachers for simplification. Maintain a separate notebook for formulas and equations so that you are able to skim through them regularly.
- Reference books
Other than the NCERT textbook, you might also consult extra reference books for greater clarity and preparation for descriptive answers. You can ask your teachers about the best reference books.
- Subject break-up
The class 10 science CBSE board paper is in three different sections: Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
CBSE 10th Syllabus: Physics
Physics is the discipline of science which talks about the properties of energy and matter. For this section, a lot of questions based on formulas and theorems are sure to be asked. You have to be well-acquainted with diagrams such as frequency of sound, the human eye, light through a prism, AC / DC generator, etc. for a good score. You should also keep proper knowledge about reflection, refraction, and related diagrams.
- Practice numerical problems thoroughly
- Master all theorems and derivations for solving numerical problems.
- Diagrams are very high scoring. They also help clear out the basic concepts. Practise them repeatedly.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus: Chemistry
Chemistry refers to the study of reactions between matter. Chemistry will have a lot of equations and reactions to remember. Students have to understand basic concepts such as acids, bases, salts, saponification as well as cleansing by soap. The periodic table is extremely crucial and high marks can be scored through good revision. Balancing chemical equations properly is important.
- List all reactions where one compound is converted to another.
- Prepare short notes and reminders for formulas.
- Learn the chemical equations thoroughly.
CBSE 10th Syllabus: Biology
Biology deals with all kinds of living organisms. Common questions are from photosynthesis, reproduction, experiments by Mendel, etc. Diagrams are extremely important for biology. Students have to draw neat and labelled diagrams of human body parts such as reproductive organs, the heart, the brain, etc.
- Mendel’s experiments about the inheritance of traits are very important
- Practise detailed labelling and neat diagrams regularly.
- Exam hall strategies
- Divide your answer into points. Underline the important points to highlight them.
- Include diagrams and charts in the descriptive answers carrying 5 marks for enhanced visual appeal
- Maintain neat handwriting with proper spacing.
- General Tips to prepare
- Read the NCERT book as thoroughly as possible
- Practice with the model papers, CBSE sample papers, and previous year’s question papers
- Continue the process of revising your topics after you finish your syllabus so that you don’t forget anything before the exam.
- Write down the important points digitally or physically in order to remember them by heart. Take help of a variety of studying tricks like highlighting and annotating books, drawing diagrams, etc.
- It’s not a good practice to study for long hours. Take proper breaks.
- Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated and consume healthy food only
- Enlist all your formulas and theorems in a different copy for ease of access.
- Sleep for at least 8 hours before your Exam.
- Make a planned time table and make a schedule of your studies to follow each day so that you are able to complete the whole syllabus within time while allowing enough time for all topics.
- Write your answers neatly in your exam answer script and make sure that you have legible handwriting.
- First, attempt all easy questions then move on to the difficult questions.
- Do not ponder over one question for a long time. Answer the questions you know and then try with the remaining tricky questions. Don’t leave any answer unattempted.
- You have to manage your time and finish your paper within the three hours allotted for attempting the paper.
- Make it a point to reread and analyse your answers so that you can get rid of any silly mistakes.
- Do not write excessively about what is asked in the question. It’s a good idea to include examples as well as diagrams for further illustration of a point. However, try to keep your answers as precise as possible.
- Read your question paper very carefully. Make sure you don’t mix the questions. You have to be calm while attending the exam.
- Take your internal assessment and practical exam seriously because these marks will help you achieve above 90 scores in your exams.
Science is definitely a very interesting topic but only if you focus well on the concepts to learn them nicely. You have to work hard with dedication and have a well-planned study routine and you will be ready to score 99% marks in your class 10 science exam.