If the user is searching for a quick and perfect solution to export Gmail emails to Outlook, then you are in the right place. Here we will describe the best methods available to backup Gmail emails into Outlook. It is always suggested to use a well-known and trusted solution for migration. We will provide manual as well as a professional automated solution to export emails from Gmail to PST format of Outlook.
Gmail and Microsoft Outlook both are popular email clients around the globe. However, due to various reasons, many Gmail users want to save Gmail emails in Outlook. MS Outlook saves all its mailbox data in PST or Personal Storage Table format. So, users need to export emails from Gmail to PST to keep access to Gmail emails in Outlook.
Before moving further to the process to convert Gmail to Outlook, let’s first understand some reasons to export Gmail to PST.
How to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook PST Format?
Need to Export Gmail Emails to Outlook
Before having the solution on how to backup Gmail Emails, first users need to understand what are the reasons to backup Gmail to PST. Here we have listed some common reasons to save Gmail emails in Outlook.
- For Backup Requirements.
- PST format can easily be accessed and portable.
- Outlook provides some catchy features that attract users.
These are a few reasons for Gmail to Outlook migration. Now let’s proceed further to different methods to backup Gmail to PST file format.
How to Backup Gmail Emails in Outlook Manually?
Users can manually save Gmail emails into Outlook program following the steps provided here. But before starting the process of backing up, it is suggested to create a duplicate copy of the original folder as there might be a risk of human error that can lead to severe data loss. Follow the steps provided below.
- Sign in to MS Outlook.
- Configure the Gmail account with Outlook.
- Click on the File tab.
- Go to Open & Export.
- Select the Import/ Export option.
- Choose Export to a file option.
- Press the Next button.
- Now select the Outlook data file (.pst).
- Select the mailbox item to export to PST.
- Browse the location to save the resultant file.
- Time-consuming and complex process.
- Good technical knowledge is required.
- Export Inbox folder items only.
- High risk of data loss.
Professional Method to Export Gmail emails to Outlook
Professional automated methods are also available for users to quickly export Gmail to PST without Outlook installation required. Automated solutions are considered to be more reliable and accurate in comparison with the conventional manual techniques of backing up. We can find numerous methods for migration purposes but it is suggested to use a well-known solution to work on important mailbox database. One such solution is offered by DRS Gmail Backup Tool which is designed on a smooth user-friendly interface. Users can save Gmail emails to PST, EML, MBOX, PDF, MSG, IMAP, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, Office 365, Thunderbird, etc. There is no requirement for any technical expertise to run the tool. The free Gmail Backup Tool version is also available that saves 50 emails for free to evaluate the performance of the software.
- Provides a date filter feature that excludes the unwanted emails from Gmail.
- Backup Gmail to PST, PDF, MSG, MBOX, EML, and 25+ other file formats.
- Easily export Gmail emails to Outlook, Thunderbird, AOL, IMAP, Office 365, Hotmail, etc. email clients.
- Maintains the hierarchy of the original data during the process.
- Migrates all the attachments such as PPTs, Calendars, etc.
- Offers a smooth user-friendly GUI.
- Compatible with all sorts of versions of Windows and Mac OS.
- The free Gmail Backup Software version can export 50 Gmail emails for free.
Above in this blog, we have discussed the different methods to export Gmail emails to Outlook. We have provided manual and automated professional solutions for migration. We can now conclude that there are limitations with the manual approach of backing up. So, it is suggested to opt for a reliable automated Gmail backup tool for effortless and quick conversion.