Website builders are a perfect solution for individuals and small businesses to start a website without hiring a developer. However, finding the best website builder can be tricky for beginners.
There are so many website builders to Build website on the market, how do you know which one is the right solution for you?
In this article, we’ll help you choose the best free website builder by going over the pros and cons of the most popular options in the
How to Choose the Best Website Builder in 2021 (Compared)
Choosing the Best Website Builder — What to Look for?
Before comparing the top website builders, we recommend that you write down what you want to do with your website? What are your goals and what features would you like to see on your website.
For example, you can write down things like: have a blog section, photo gallery, online store (eCommerce), reservation system, contact form, SEO features, social media features, etc.
If you are unsure about what you want, then check out your competitors or other websites for inspiration.
Most website builders offer an intuitive drag and drop user interface to build your new website. You can take advantage of the trial accounts (free plans), or the generous money-back guarantee to test drive before you make your final decision.
Next, you need to consider your growth options. Will you be adding regular updates to your website? Do you need a blog section? Would you be selling more products on your website in the future?
You need to make sure that the website builder you choose is capable of handling your needs as your business grows.
Also read about; young and hungry season 6
Criteria for Our Best Website Builder Review
We have helped over 200,000+ users start a website, and over the last two decades have tested just about every website builder on the market.
We look at several different criteria when reviewing the best website builder picks for each use-case, but our top five elements are:
- Ease of Use – We want to ensure that the website builder is easy to use for absolute beginners (non-techy users). It must come with a drag-and-drop builder, powerful editing tools, and customization options.
- Pricing – Since it’s a competitive space, we look for which website builder offers the most value for the price. We ask questions like does it offer a free domain, free SSL, free business email, free eCommerce features, etc. If not, then how much would a small business owner has to spend on additional extras / hidden costs.
- Design & Features – We want to ensure that the website builder offers tons of professional website templates and offer flexibility to add other features like Google Analytics, third-party marketing tools, etc.
- Customer Support – While we expect the website builders to offer an intuitive easy to use interface, we want to make sure 24/7 customer support is available when needed.
- Data ownership & portability – Often beginners don’t think about this, but being in the industry for over two decades, we pay extra attention to terms of service to ensure that you own your data, and it’s portable should you need to switch.
That being said, let’s take a look at the top website builder platforms to make your website without hiring a developer or coding from scratch.